Just as Tesla is doing for the electric car, we believe the key to behavioural change is to make beautiful, innovative products that are superior on every level to conventional bulbs. We’ve got some amazing products, a ton of recognition and some great retail channels.
We need help building our brand and spreading the good word; a brand ace as passionate about sustainability, technology and design as we are; someone with a natural flair for marketing and growth hacking. Someone who can build the world’s first premium light bulb brand.
The role is a key position in the team that will realise our vision, tasked with ensuring that our values flow through everything we do. It’s an opportunity for someone with energy, ambition and conscience, looking to make a real difference through their brand building magic. We’ll consider someone who’s developed a brand in-house for an exciting, scaling consumer product business, OR even someone who’s worked for an agency on multiple branding projects.
Sharing our vision for the future is essential. Your role will be to embody Plumen, bringing our brand and products to life through story-telling, then communicating them to the world. The role requires you to be aesthetically-tuned, excited by the possibilities and the challenges of photography, video and graphics and managing these assets across social and CRM channels.
As part of a small, energetic and talented team, your expertise will shape our strategy and direct our resources. The role requires dedication, skill and ambition; growing with the business and hand-in-hand with your colleagues, partners and collaborators. This is a role for someone who really wants to dig in for the long term and be part of building something really special.To start with, the role will be a sole charge, reporting into the MD and Creative Director, meaning that it will initially need a very hands-on approach, involved in every part of the look and feel of the brand. Within 4-6 months, we envisage that you’ll hire your first direct report and as the company grows, so will the role and the team around you.
– Commission creative work across a variety of mediums (graphic, photography, video, written, etc.)
– Organise and oversee photo shoots, regularly on tight budgets
– Manage the creation of all marketing materials and content
– Run all our communications channels and social media platforms for both consumers an trade audiences.
– Conceiving and running community growth partnerships and initiatives on social.
– Organise and run brand & product partnerships that further establish Plumen as a premium brand, open us up to wider audiences and reinforce our message.
– Ensure a consistent visual and written expression of the brand across all platforms and mediums, both public facing and internal.
– Oversee the look and feel of Plumen.com
– A passion for sustainability, design, technology and brand building.
– 5-10 years marketing experience in a branded, growing business (preferably consumer product related) OR working on multiple branding projects within an agency.
– A proven record of leading and delivering coherent and successful brand and marketing plans.
– A hustler; always able find a solution even when the odds are stacked against you.
– Experience in commissioning creative (we’d love to see examples)
– Experience in managing people and agencies – from PRs to photographers to web agencies, and everything in between.
– A creative streak of you own, be it graphical, story-telling, film-making or other.
– A comfort with start-up life (and preferably experience of it). That means energy, initiative, doing what’s required to get the job done, dedication, understanding and a sense of humour.
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to see examples of your work, so send us a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us more about yourself! We’re looking forward to hearing all about you!